Cancellation and Refund Policy
We understand that circumstances may arise that make you unable to attend an event/course for which you have registered far in advance. You may send someone else in your place to the same or a future offering*, but you must notify us of that change a minimum of three business days prior to the event/course. There is no fee for this substitution.
If sending someone else isn’t an option:
- Registration can be canceled up to two weeks prior to the event/course. The registration fee will be refunded, less a $50 per person administrative fee.
- Registrants who cancel less than two weeks in advance of the event/course will be responsible for a $150 per person administrative fee.
- Registrants who fail to cancel by the deadline and do not attend will be responsible for payment of the $150 administrative fee.
- Registrants who attend any portion of the event/course and subsequently need to cancel will be charged for half of the cost of that event/course.
- No refund will be given for anyone who completes half a course/event.
We reserve the right to cancel the event/course and return fees in the event of insufficient registration. The liability of the University of Kansas is limited to the registration fee. The University of Kansas will not be responsible for any losses incurred by registrants, including but not limited to airline cancelation charges or hotel deposits.
*For the Law Enforcement Leadership Academy, this substitute must be a sworn officer.