Collective Bargaining for Public Managers
Are you a public manager who represents management in the collective bargaining process?
Do you want to improve your understanding of effective bargaining practices and enhance your negotiating skills?
Are you interested in bargaining agreements that work for all parties?
This 1.5 day hands-on workshop is designed to equip public managers who represent management to engage effectively in collective bargaining.
During this workshop, public managers will:
- Learn the language of collective bargaining
- Learn the Rules for collective bargaining (Kansas Bargaining Laws; National Labor Relations Act and unfair labor practices, “Good faith,” and “bad faith”)
- Learn how to prepare for bargaining
- Practice the bargaining process and team roles through hands-on simulations
The workshops meet at the KU Edwards Campus in Overland Park.
Upcoming Course Dates
- August 17 (8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.)
- August 18 (8:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.)
Tuesday, August 8
Register through our new Enrole system and add your desired session to the shopping cart.
$375.00 per participant.