Law Enforcement Leadership Academy: 2-day Foundation/Introduction to Supervision
This 2-day course can be taken before another LELA program as an introduction, after another LELA program as a refresher, or as a stand-alone foundation to build leadership competencies.
- This course offers a brief but powerful introduction to tools and perspectives that drive successful leadership in the law enforcement context.
- It is targeted toward sworn officers who have been newly promoted to a supervisory role, those who are considering applying for promotion, and those who seek to continue to grow their skills in leading others.
- Content includes making a successful transition from peer to boss; decision-making; difficult conversations and resolving conflicts; the difference between leadership and authority (and why it matters); and performance reviews.
- Additionally, participants will explore the connection between personal strengths and leadership competencies and will hear from experienced leaders about motivating and leading others in today’s law enforcement environment.
- Each participant will leave with an individual action plan to continue their development as leaders who will contribute to the success of their agencies.
Time: Sessions typically run from 8:00am - 4:00pm