Kansas City / County Management Conference 2016
Keep Calm & Carry On: Trying Hard in Trying Times
|Date:||Thursday and Friday, April 28-29, 2016|
|Time:||Thursday: 8:15 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. (Stick around for a friendly basketball game at the Sports Pavilion Lawrence)
Friday: 7:30 a.m. to 12:15 p.m.
|Location:||University of Kansas, Kansas Memorial Union
1301 Jayhawk Boulevard, Lawrence, KS 66045
Monday, April 4 for early-bird discount listed above. After that date, add $15 per person.
Registration will be accepted through April 14, 2016.
|Lodging:||Click here for a listing of Lawrence hotels.|
|Parking:||View Parking options.|
|Contact:||Alecia Gray at firstname.lastname@example.org or 785-864-6864|
How to Get the Most Out of YOUR Conference
- Bring your business cards so that you don’t have to scramble for a piece of paper as you meet people with whom you’d like to stay connected.
- Before each session starts, introduce yourself to your seat neighbors. We try to make it easy to get past the initial “who are you and what do you do” with nametags; you can explore further from there. Ask about their community, current projects, or past challenges and use the opportunity to build your network.
- Talk to everyone and anyone during breaks! If you’re an experienced attendee, make sure that you’re welcoming and getting to know your newer colleagues in the profession.
- Attend the KACM lunch on Thursday to find out what’s going on in the association.
- Go to the Thursday basketball game, either to play or cheer on the teams.
- Get a group together on Thursday evening (or invite yourself along with a group) and hang out at a local establishment.
- Go to the Friday morning breakfast. The somewhat smaller group opens up the chance to get into deeper conversations, faster.
- If you’re on social media, engage with other conference attendees through Facebook and Twitter using #KCCM2016.
- The KU Parking Map (PDF) includes parking meters and lots.
- The Mississippi Street Garage is directly connected to the Kansas Union, which is where the conference is. If you look for the Mississippi Street Garage on the KU Map, it's at about K3 and is an orange block with a listing of MISSPG.
- Visitor parking prices (and other information) is on the KU Parking website. If you need to talk to the Parking Office (785-864-PARK) during their office hours, their hours are listed at the bottom of their website.
- Paying for the Mississippi Garage can be done by credit card as you exit or by cash payment through the machines located on the 4th level of the parking garage in the stairwell/elevator area.
- Doug Bach, Unified Government of Wyandotte County / Kansas City, KS
- Don Cawby, City of Osawatomie
- Patty Gentrup, The Novak Consulting Group
- Doug Gerber, City of Topeka
- Carol Gonzales, City of Shawnee
- Alecia Gray, KU School of Public Affairs & Administration
- Meredith Hauck, City of Raymore, MO
- Laura Howard, KU Public Management Center
- Ray Hummert, KU School of Public Affairs & Administration
- Suzie Locke, City of El Dorado
- John Nalbandian, KU School of Public Affairs & Administration
- Randy Partington, Finney County
- Noel Rasor, KU Public Management Center
- Susan Sherman, City of Olathe
- Angie Soden, KU School of Public Affairs & Administration
- Jeff White, Columbia Capital