Inspiring Women in Public Administration Conference 2017
The purpose of the conference is to come together to exchange stories, ideas, and encouragement with other women in public administration.
|Date:||Friday, July 14, 2017|
|Time:||8:30 a.m. to 4:10 p.m. (Includes lunch and is followed by a reception)|
The Kansas City Convention Center does not have parking at the facility. However, with plenty of parking in the area, the primary parking garage is the Auditorium Plaza Parking Garage, also known as the Barney Allis Plaza Parking Garage. The parking garage is located between 12th and 13th Streets, and between Central and Wyandotte Streets. It is south of the Marriott Hotel and north of the Municipal Auditorium. The garage generally services all the Convention Center facilities including the Municipal Arena, Music Hall, Grand Ballroom, Little Theatre, Conference Center, and Bartle Hall. A convenient underground tunnel exists into the Convention Center from inside the Auditorium Plaza Garage. Look for and follow signage.
For specific questions about parking rates, please call Towne Park at 816-701-6441.
Accessible parking spots are marked and designated in the Barney Allis Plaza Parking garage, available on a first come/first served basis. For more accessibility needs, please see the Convention Center website here.
Full day: $115
*The student rate is for full-time students and for part-time students whose employers are not paying the conference fee for the student.
|Deadline:||Early-bird registration: Monday, June 5 (After this date, the prices listed above will increase by $14 per person)
Regular registration: Sunday, July 2
|Attire:||Casual, yes casual. We want you to be comfortable to move around - sometimes heels and suits get in the way of productive head space.|
|Lodging:||Click here for a listing of hotels near the Convention Center.|
|Contact:||Noel Rasor at firstname.lastname@example.org or 913-897-8460|
- Sara Singer, Conference Chair, Vice President, JRO + Co
- Kimiko Black Gilmore, Conference Chair-Elect, Assistant City Manager, City of Kansas City, MO
- Noel Rasor, Conference Manager, Assistant Director, KU Public Management Center
- Kristina Clark, Communications Coordinator, KU School of Public Affairs & Administration
- Ellen Bietz, Executive Officer, School of Nursing Dean’s Office, University of Kansas Medical Center
- Karen Davis, Senior Management Advisor, Management Partners, Inc.
- Susanna Geiger, Student, University of Kansas
- Leslie Herring, Assistant to the City Manager, City of Eudora, KS
- Kim Murphree, M.A., Technical Services Manager/TAC/Media Relations, Lawrence Kansas Police Department
- Anglea Paz, Senior Case Manager, Johnson County Department of Corrections
- Jan Perkins, Senior Partner, Management Partners, Inc.
- Emily Randel, Public Information Officer, City of Mission, KS
- Michelle Reames, Coordinator of Graduate Advising, KU Edwards Campus
- Katy Crow, City Clerk, City of Lenexa, KS
- Amy E. Harth, PhD Student, Union Institute & University (Cincinnati)
- Jessica Johnson, Human Resources Manager, KU College & Professional Schools Shared Service Center
- Nickie Lee, Administrative and Financial Services Director, City of Topeka, KS
- Margaret (Maggie) Mahoney, Past-Conference Chair, Assistant Director for Operations, Dole Institute of Politics
- Crystal Malchose, Human Resource Professional, Pottawatomie County, KS
- Jasmin Moore, Sustainability Program Manager, Johnson County, KS
- Stephanie M. Moore, Program Supervisor, Community Development, Unified Government of Wyandotte County/Kansas City, KS
- Leslee Rivarola, Program Manager, KU Law Enforcement Leadership Academy
- Angie Soden, Events Specialist, KU Dole Institute of Politics
- Emily Vincent, Administrative Services Officer, City of Olathe, KS
- Major Sonta Wilburn, Police Major, Overland Park, KS